- Might have already happened
- Might happen
- Trying to keep themselves or family members safe
- They are worried about making a mistake (especially at work)
- They are trying to prevent something bad from happening (House burning, down burgled etc.)
- They are worried about, losing tickets to event, passports, car keys, wallet/purse.
- They constantly check their bodies to make sure they have no nasty illnesses present or they will constantly seek reassurance from their doctor that they do not have any serious diseases
- The release of adrenaline and the stress hormone cortisol
- The increase in your heart rate
- Rapid or shallow breathing
- Tightening of the muscles
- Taking some slow deep breaths
- Relax your tense muscles
- Do some exercise
- Relax deeply
- Just be aware of them, but do not react at all
- Observe and watch your thoughts and feelings from a place of calm detachment
- Feel the feelings, just smile and relax into them and around them and let them carry on by themselves
- All you need to do is leave them be and focus on your breathing, releasing any tension and calming yourself
- What it has learned
- What been taught to do through your self conditioning and your negative experiences
- What it is used to doing
- This recording will help you break free from that trance state where you switch off and spend ages, even hours repeatedly checking
- It will help you to stop doubting and ease you into trusting your perceptions and judgement, so you can check once or twice then move on without being dragged back and tricked by your feelings, mind and compulsions
- It will help you detach the anxiety away from the checking
- Treating the anxiety that fuels the obsessive checking
- Replacing the habit of checking
- Reducing your stress and tension
2) Reduce Your Stress And Tension
Another thing you can try when you are performing your checking rituals which can reduce the amount of times you check something to just once is to try and improve your imagery memory.
What you can try and it takes a little bit of practice at first, is to try and memorize your routine of checking.
First spend some time relaxing yourself, takes some slow, deep breaths and let go of any stress, worries and tension.
Pick your normal starting point and take a quick look at the switch or appliance, then look away and hold that image of the appliance off in your head just like you were taking a photograph snap of it in your mind, then move on quickly.
You can also try using a checklist if you need further reassurance, or these days nearly everybody has access to a mobile phone.
So if you're really having trouble take a picture of what you're checking so if you feel a bit uncertain afterwards you will have a photo you can look at.
This will also save you getting so far down the road and then having to turn back.
Move through your house or apartment until you have covered your usual routine.
Just take a quick glance at the switch or appliance and then move on, the longer you stop and stare at something the more you will doubt yourself.
If at some point you start to doubt yourself you can go back in your mind instead of doing it physically.
Another thing that you can do to break the old patterns is, if you're checking the whole house, then start off your checking in a different place or room each time.
Tap into your true spiritual happiness
Learn how to deal with the root cause of your anger
Start to lower your stress levels and return back to inner peace
Enjoy the many health benefits of positive thinking
Nearly all the most successful people relax for twenty minutes a day
Stop fighting with your thoughts and learn how to quieten them
Wise up to fear and learn how to tame and outsmart the beast
Worrying can affect your health and quality of life
Tips on how to become more successful in your life
Help to end panic attacks and general anxiety disorder
Use the power of hypnosis to tap into the software of your mind
Out with the old and in with the new ideal and more happier you