Benefits Of Having A Healthy And Natually Tension Free Posture
1. You Will Feel Better
Did you know it's very hard to feel depressed if you have an upright and relaxed posture,
Your posture has a profound impact and influence on how you feel, our posture is linked to our mood, people who are depressed tend to slouch and drop their heads, hunching and slumping your body is also linked to anxiety and insecurity.
The positive effects of a good posture are, it will make you feel better, happier and more relaxed, your mind and body will become balanced and in harmony with each other.
When our body is relaxed and balanced our energy flows freely, this is our natural feel good flow state.
When we are not in the feel good flow, we become more stressed, frustrated and irritated and we tend to mess up things more.
When we slouch, lean back or we adopt a ridged military type posture our body becomes out of alignment and balance, our internal organs don't function as efficiently as they are designed to and our energy becomes blocked and stagnant.
2. You Will Have More Energy
You only have to slip into a slouched and slumped posture for a few minutes and it will start to zap the energy out of you.
Slouching is the quickest way to drain your energy, it can cause you to breathe shallow as well as affecting your digestive system. Our posture and breathing can have a massive impact on our life.
When we are standing or sitting upright in a relaxed position so our body is in complete alignment and balanced, this should mean your bones and skeleton are doing all the work to support you and not your muscles just as they are designed for.
Because your bones are supporting you, then your muscles will become free and flexible. This will make it easier for you to move your body in a natural and more effortless free flowing way, allowing you to go into your old age, with better mobility, you will feel healthier, more active and more
It is well documented how depressed people have collapsed and slouched bodies where their head drops pushes forward, they back curves and their shoulders become rounded so they a looking at the ground which will very quickly put you into a negative energy.
A relaxed poised upright and balanced posture will very quickly make you feel better and your mood will soon lift.
Make sure you don't forcefully or physically adjust your posture and avoid lifting up your chest and pulling your shoulders back like most people do because any attempt to physically pull and hold yourself up will make things worst.
A lot of muscle tension and stiffness is a direct result of poor body posture being out of alignment and balance, where some muscles have to tighten to compensate for the under use of others.
Although emotional stress and nervousness can account for some of our tension, the biggest contributor to muscle stiffness is when your body is out of alignment or you are trying to forcefully hold, push or pull yourself up.
Also, when we slouch or lean backwards in a sway back type of posture our body will become out of alignment, and the muscles will have to tighten to do the work that is designed for our bones.
We are supposed to be like a pillar where our body, head sits over our body and our body is supported by our legs or the chair if were seated. In this correct posture our bones will be doing all the supporting and holding us up.
Standing in a rigid military type of posture for just a short period of time can cause severe muscle tightness, as the muscles are forced to stiffen to hold the overextended body and spine.
6. Reduce Those Aches And Pains
If you have any back or neck pains you should check them out with your doctor first, but many pains are due to bad posture and bad body mechanics, poor posture can lead to soreness, aches and pains and long term bad posture can lead to eventual hip and knee ware and even replacements.
Our internal thoughts and feelings can affect our physical body and our physical body can affect our thoughts and feelings, both slouching and over straightening can cause muscle tightness and body pains.
7. You Will Have Less Stress
A calm and relaxed poised posture will help you to relieve your stress and anxiety, you can control your thoughts, emotions and feelings by learning how to control your body.
Stress and anxiety are linked to the fight or flight mechanism, this means when your body is stressed and tense your mind will interpret this that something bad is going to happen, your senses and body will scan for future threats, this will keep you stuck in a fearful survival mode state.
When we feel threatened, we either tense our body and shoulders, or we shrink into a guarded stance.
By holding a relaxed but upright posture you will feel less threatened in your surrounding environment, meaning you will have less trouble with stress and anxiety, leaving you feeling in the free flowing sweet state.
Bad posture can also restrict your breathing and play havoc with your digestive system, and stiffening the legs can also restrict our blood flow.
8. Our Posture Affects Our Thinking
Our mind and body are intricately linked, the body does not work on its own and we have a complex mind body interaction.
Our body can follow the lead set by the mind, when we think negative thoughts, our body responds to them, this results in negative feelings and unpleasant sensations which are felt in the body.
This works the other way around as well, our mind is affected by our body, change your physiology and your thoughts will soon match the state you're in, you will also think more clearly and your creativity and your other mental faculties will improve.
When the body is relaxed you will have more creative and positive thoughts, when the body is tense you will have more tense and anxious thoughts, change your posture and you can change your thinking.
9. Increased Confidence
A aligned and balanced healthy posture will make you look and feel more confident, you will be more successful and you will talk more clearly and naturally.
Confidence gives you power and strength, people tend not to pick on the strong and confident type, when slouch you will have more feelings of insecurity, we go into a low confidence state.
When we slump our emotional state will change and we will soon experience low confidence emotions, it will make you feel tired, low on energy, sad and vulnerable.
10. Increased Intelligence And Better Concentration
When you have a good relaxed posture you will think more positively and clearly, you will feel more relaxed and at ease.
This positive and calm state will improve your creativity, you will think more clearly, you will experience less of those heavy and negative emotions and it can help to increase your intelligence, your concentration and focus should improve.
- Try to avoid pulling the back of your neck down/lift your chin up
,(especially when you get in and out of your chair) as this will cause the neck and back muscles to contract and tighten. When the back of the head is pulled down, it will shorten the neck and cause the spine to collapse.
- Try to avoid, bending the head forwards of the neck, as again this will cause the spine and body to collapse and shorten. The head ideal point of balance, should be where it is forwards and up so the spine is fully elongated, but it still maintains its natural curves.
- Do not just flop down in your chair as this will cause the spine to curve or collapse (see video above)
- Do not lock your knees as this will cause tension in the upper legs, the hip region and the back. The knees should be soft and pointed forwards and away, also avoid locking the ankles, the heels should be back and down, but the ankles should be free with a bit of sway, the weight of the body should be more towards your ankles than your toes. All the joints should be free
- Do not lift up the chest or push the chest out, the chest and rib cage should hang down freely, if you lift up the chest, your spine will curve too much
- Try and avoid pulling your shoulders back or forwards, ideally the shoulders should be free and float by the sides of the rib cage
- Avoid pushing your hips too far back or too far forwards
- Avoid bending forwards or backwards as much as possible
- Do not lock yourself or try to hold or fix yourself in one position
- Avoid trying to sit or stand up straight as this causes tension, no part of the body is straight
Bad posture help
- If you're pushing your hips too far forwards, release them back
- If you're pulling your shoulders back, release them forwards so they find their own natural position
- If you're pulling your shoulders forwards, release them back
- If you're lifting your shoulders up, then allow them to relax back down
- If you're lifting your chest up, gently release and let your chest relax down
- If you're bending forwards, release, and allow your body to relax back
- If you're leaning back, release and let your body ease forwards a bit
- If you're overextending your body, let it relax back down
- If you're locking your knees, allow them to soften
- If you're pulling the back of your head down, release your head and allow it to rotate forwards, this may require a bit of physical effort
- If you're dropping your head forwards, gently ease it back up
- If you're pulling your knees, back towards your body, allow them to soften
- If you're hyper tensing your legs, let them relax
Tap into your true spiritual happiness
Learn how to deal with the root cause of your anger
Start to lower your stress levels and return back to inner peace
Enjoy the many health benefits of positive thinking
Nearly all the most successful people relax for twenty minutes a day
Stop fighting with your thoughts and learn how to quieten them
Wise up to fear and learn how to tame and outsmart the beast
Worrying can effect your health and quality of life
Tips on how to become more successful in your life
Help to end panic attacks and general anxiety disorder
Use the power of hypnosis to tap into the software of your mid
Out with the old and in with the new ideal and more happier you